The English Montessori School is a private co-educational school which caters to the educational needs of students of the Spanish and International communities in Madrid. The school is recognised by both the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture as a foreign British centre and by Great Britain as a British School in Spain. Children from the age of three to eighteen years of age are admitted to a complete and highly successful educational experience. Though the majority of students are Spanish, numerous nationalities are represented in the student population. Traditionally TEMS students rank among the best of the students throughout the Spanish and International schools in Madrid, on external exams taken by those students. Accordingly, all graduates of the senior school go on to higher education.
We are now recruiting a Secondary English Teacher to teach across the entire age range in our Secondary school. This is a full-time position and we are looking to form a team of inspiring and motivated teachers with a love for education and an interest in providing the best possible future for our students.
The key skills we are looking for:
• Solid knowledge of the British Curriculum with appropriate British experience and qualifications. This post may include teaching English language and English Literature across all three secondary Key Stages.
• To be able to work effectively as part of the well established English department in order to produce a rounded and exciting curriculum.
• Able to track pupil progress, identifying under and high achieving and students and implementing intervention to enable students of all abilities and leaning styles.
We can offer:
- Reputation of academic excellence
- Good location in Madrid (Aravaca) (300 blue sky days!)
- Confident, resilient, welcoming students
- Lively, committed staff
- Career development opportunities.
Please see information pack below for further details and visit the website to learn more about our school.
APPLICATION FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED, CVS ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
When returning application forms to email@example.com, please refer to the job title in the subject line.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.