Secondary English Teacher
Canary Wharf College Secondary opened in September 2016. It is a new 11-18 School with a Christian ethos which currently has Year 7 and Year 8 students. The school will grow each year as a new cohort joins until we reach full capacity. We would like to appoint an enthusiastic English Teacher to start for either an immediate start or for September 2018. We are looking for individuals with high professional capabilities, resilience, grace and a sense of humour. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding school with an innovative and unique educational vision. Our teachers will be fully involved in the development of their subject curriculum and department as the school grows, which will create a great range of opportunities for their professional development.
· A friendly, welcoming community
· Committed, experienced and supportive staff and governors
· Motivated and well behaved children who are keen to learn
· Continuous professional development opportunities
· Small class sizes
· Up-to-date technology including Smart boards in each classroom.
· Each teacher is given their own laptop and iPad.
We are looking for teachers who
· Are energetic and committed to the ethos of the school
· Team players with excellent communication and organisation skills
· Have high expectations with an open, positive attitude and are passionate about enabling every child to fulfill their potential
When completing the application form, please ensure you include your full educational background including GCSEs (subjects and grades achieved).
Closing date: 27th February 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and references.