We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, experienced and enthusiastic Head of Learning Support/Inclusion to lead the Secondary team and to oversee Inclusion across the three JESS schools.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the successful applicant to continue to develop a department which is high profile and an integral part of the school.
Suitable candidates will:
· be able to lead a team of skilled learning support staff to deliver programmes to support the learning needs of students with a range of abilities and learning challenges;
· have the ability to manage the training, appraisal and deployment of the learning support team in order to ensure the highest level of impact for student outcomes;
· have the experience and skills to coordinate and develop the special educational needs provision across the schools with the aim that every student is empowered to succeed;
· possess a professional awareness of current inclusion research and associated UAE legislation;
· be the key advocate for the inclusion of students of determination;
· have an understanding of, and the vision to implement, the Dubai Inclusive Education Policy Framework;
· have the skills to monitor and strategically plan for the changing profile of needs for the students of determination across all phases at JESS.