Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the United Kingdom and take up a History Teacher position at a co-educational secondary school in Slough, Berkshire. This is a full-time role teaching Year 7-11 classes. The secondary History Teacher is required to teach for a year starting September 2019, with the possibility of becoming permanent. The school has excellent up-to-date facilities and belongs to a larger trust of local schools. The successful teacher will become part of a close community, with a strong sense of teamwork and opportunities for further career development.
About the Role:
- History Teacher
- Teaching KS3 and KS4 classes
- Full time role
- One year fixed term initially with the possibility of a permanent contract
- $250 - $325 AUD per day depending on experience
About the School:
- Co-educational secondary school
- Located a short bus journey from Slough rail station
- Part of a trust of local schools
- Good support and strong sense of community in school
In order to be considered for this role, the History teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum, or equivalent
- Graduate teachers and OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- Located in Berkshire, England, Slough is a large town within Greater London
- One of the most ethnically diverse areas of the United Kingdom
- National Rail connections to Central London
- Berkshire is the home of Windsor Castle, one of the main residences of the Queen.
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a Peterborough-based team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH44802KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number GMH44802KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.