Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained Humanities teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the UK and join a popular State Secondary School located in London Borough of Waltham Forest. This is a great opportunity to join one of the highest attaining state schools in London. Ofsted rated this school “Good” with special praise of the quality of teaching and senior management team. The successful Humanities Teacher will be expected to maintain the level of excellence and help the school to strive towards “Outstanding”. Starting September 2019, this is a permanent contract, with the opportunity for career development and management positions.
About the Role:
- Humanities Teacher
- Years 7-11
- Permanent post, starting September 2019
- $43, 000 - $73, 700 AUS (Depending on experience)
- Opportunity to progress to Head of Subject
- Deliver outstanding teaching and learning of History, Geography or RE Specialism
- Be involved in development of an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires learner to appreciate the subject and its application
About the School:
- “Good” rating by Ofsted, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Full investment in staff and CPD
- Modern day classrooms with state of the art equipment
- Career development and management opportunities
- Hardworking Leaderships team going with a strong growth mind-set
- Amazing transport links, close to Central Line and National Rail
In order to be considered for this role, the Humanities Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Undergraduate degree within Social Sciences discipline considered highly advantageous
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum, or equivalent
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- Located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest, northeast London
- Great connections to the city centre, serviced by both the Central and Victoria Lines as well as Overground services
- Suburban area with lots of local parks and woodlands including Epping Forrest
- Great local markets including Wood Street Indoor Markets
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR31388KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR31388KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.