The Wingate School is looking to appoint an ICT teacher for their growing Secondary school. The school year starts in August 2022.
Regarding the candidate, we are looking for:
- First language English speakers preferably with knowledge of the British and/or Cambridge Secondary curriculum
- A child-centred approach
- A collegial perspective, enthusiasm and initiative
- Sound teacher qualifications. PGCE or equivalent
- Secondary school teaching experience
- A cheerful, professional, hard-working and well-presented person, capable of inspiring confidence in pupils and parents
- An awareness of the demands of teaching an international student body and a commitment to fostering high academic achievement
- Good communication and ICT skills
- Calmness and efficiency, with the ability to work under pressure at times
- Commitment to the all-round ethos of the School, including its co-curricular activities and School of Character approach
- Someone who is excited about the prospect of living in Latin America and is adaptable to a new country and culture.
- Initial 2 year contract, renewable by mutual consent
- A competitive salary
- Good benefits package including private medical insurance, life insurance, supermarket vouchers, tax-free matched savings scheme, paid personal days, scholarships for children of staff, professional development opportunities, school lunches, staff transport routes or staff parking
- Work visa sponsorship
- Annual flight allowance
- Settling in support for teachers who come in from abroad: flight to Mexico City, initial temporary housing and a housing allowance, assistance with opening a bank account
- Supportive school environment with opportunities for professional development
- Strong and broad academic programme in a well-resourced school
- Once a week after-school Spanish lessons for staff
Applications must include a minimum of two professional referees, one of which should be your current head of school.
ABOUT THE WINGATE SCHOOL The Wingate School (TWS) is a British International School in Mexico City which offers an educational programme focussed on academic excellence, creativity and human formation. TWS teaches the International Early Years Curriculum in Kinder, the International Primary Curriculum alongside Cambridge Primary Mathematics and English in Primary, Cambridge Secondary curriculum (including IGCSEs) and is an accredited Cambridge International School. The school is a member of the Latin American Heads Conference, was awarded the Foundation Level of British Council’s International School Award and was named "One of the 10 best international schools in Latin America" in January 2019 by The Knowledge Review.
CHILD PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING: TWS is committed to caring for and ensuring the wellbeing of all young people. Candidates will be asked to provide references, undertake background checks, as well as carry out standard psychometric testing.