Amity International School is about to open a Middle Years 1-3 in a dynamic and exciting school environment which will be brand new in September 2019. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate teachers. You have a unique opportunity to join an exceptional and hardworking team with the united goal of ensuring that every child reaches their potential both academically and socially, by pushing boundaries and broadening horizons.
Amity established more than 25 years ago, the not-for-profit Amity Education Group has an enrolment of 150,000 students, 4500 faculty, 17 top-ranked schools and pre-schools, 5 universities with campuses in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, India, London, Singapore, Mauritius, China and Romania, offering globally benchmarked education from nursery to Ph.D. level.
Amity International School Amsterdam is an educational institution in a start-up phase. Whilst having big ambitions for the future, the school is operating on a small scale at the present time. Our vision is, 'Empowering each individual to thrive and make a positive difference'.
We are seeking enthusiastic professionals with experience of delivering a concept-driven, inquiry-based curriculum, preferably with experience of the International Baccalaureate. The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of the needs of Middle School education and he/she will have the capability to deliver a high standard of education aligned with the School’s Mission, Vision and Values.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) or similar inquiry based curriculum
- Be responsible for collaborating on curriculum design and development
- Be able to engage students at all levels
- Be committed to high standards, interested in using a constructivist approach to learning and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding
- Be an innovator who is committed to learning and up-to-date with current research
- Be an inspiring, challenging and empowering educational motivator
- Be visible, approachable, with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour
- Be flexible, creative and resilient
- Qualification or degree relevant to the role
- Relevant international school experience
- Excellent fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Experience managing a library in an international school
We are offering a competitive salary and benefit package to successful candidates. If you are internationally minded, permitted to work in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please click on the APPLY NOW button to complete our online application form and upload your CV and Supporting Statement.
Amity International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all employees to share this commitment. All applications should read the School’s child protection policy and are required to declare any information as requested on the application form. Enhanced disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in the UK and a local police certificate will be requested for the successful candidate. All staff are expected to update their child protection training each year.