Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand Secondary trained teachers to apply for a Maths Teacher position in Barnet, London. Working with pupils aged 11-16, all of whom have an EHCP (Emotional, Health and Care Plans) in the category of Social, Emotional and Mental Health.
The cohort of children are co-educational with the majority being boys. The school is a warm and welcoming environment where the pastoral care is at the forefront of everything. Close relationships are built with pupils and their families and this gives the school the bedrock from which they can work with their cohort to help them all achieve their potential and make their school days happy, fulfilling and purposeful.
The nurturing environment is extended to the staff team where the school prides itself on looking after their teachers and support staff in the same way as they do their pupils. The successful Maths Teacher will be an exceptional behavior manager and able to teach Maths to senior levels. The post is full time and permanent and starts at the beginning of the Spring Term in January 2020.
About the Role:
- Maths / Mathematics Teacher
- Years 7-12
- Full time, permanent post
- Salary between $51, 600 - $72, 800 AUD (depending on experience)
About the School:
- Small Alternative Provision catering for children with Emotional, Health and Care Plans for Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- 11-16 year olds, mostly boys
- Welcoming, warm and nurturing environment
- School works closely with parents and carers
- Pupil and staff well being is paramount to the school
- Located in East Barnet, North London
About the location:
- The borough of Barnet is located in North-West London
- Well connected borough with a choice of tube lines taking approximately 30 minutes into London
- One of the most picturesque areas surrounded by large greens and parks
- Beautiful accommodation choices with a good choice of converted flats, shared-houses and apartments
In order to be considered for this role, the Maths Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration.
- Graduate Teachers are welcome to apply.
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visas or eligible to apply - you can check here - https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa).
- Recent classroom-based references.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Dedicated Consultant
- Completely free service
- Monthly social events and profession development
- Access to free online PD
- To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
In order to apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the ‘APPLY’ link below.
Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
For any questions call Karla - 07 3112 8566
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.