Secondary Mathematics Teacher required to start in August 2018 at Qatar Petroleum Schools based in Dukhan, Qatar
Are you an Outstanding Mathematics teacher? If so, we have a unique opportunity for a career minded teacher to join a fast developing school.
As the education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for an outstanding Mathematics teacher who is eager to work for a company who are world leaders in the Oil and Gas Industry. Our mission is to inspire and empower our students for a great future, through an innovative and globally relevant education.
The school is internationally focused and is at the centre of our Dukhan community, educating approximately 1300 students from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 30 different nationalities. The school is well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant Secondary curriculum, which has the adapted English National Curriculum at its heart. We have personalised this to meet the needs of our international cohort which, along with our own Competence Framework, ensures that our learners are inspired and empowered for a great future.
We are seeking an excellent Mathematics teacher. The ideal candidate will:
- Has in-depth knowledge of the National Curriculum for mathematics
- Have up-to-date experience of teaching Mathematics through to A Level;
- Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students;
- Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching and learning
- Provide language rich learning environments to ensure rapid English language acquisition
- Ensure the students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning
- Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children
- Actively participate in and offer areas of staff CPD
Dukhan - www.des.com.qa
Dukhan is a purpose built town on the West coast of Qatar that is populated by QP staff and their children. We are a community school that has been operating since 1954, offering a British style education to a wide variety of students.
The school has an amazing international ethos and is honoured to be at the centre of our Dukhan community, educating approximately 1400 children from 3 to 18 years of age, representing over 30 different nationalities.
In return for your passion in ensuring a dynamic and high quality education, successful candidates will be employed by Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and excellent sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, to:
Please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, and should include the following information for VISA purposes.
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Your Nationality 4)No of dependants 5) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children 6) QTS Status
Please send your letter of application, your CV and a recent photograph to QP.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please call Penny Kontopyrghou on +44 (0)20 7259 8771 or +447595 968 600.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.