Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to Cambridgeshire, UK and take up a Maths / Mathematics Phase Leader Teacher position at an Ofsted 'Good' rated school. The secondary school is co-educational and caters for children aged 11 to 18 years of age. The successful Maths / Mathematics Phase Leader Teacher will have the opportunity to work within a team of 11 staff. The school has academic successes within Mathematics with students performing consistently against progress targets. The successful Maths Teacher / Mathematics Teacher will be joining an established school with collaborative staff and strong leadership. The full time role will starting September 2019.
About the Role:
- Maths Teacher / Mathematics Phase Leader Teacher
- Teaching Years 12-13
- Full time
- September 2019 start
- Salary between $43,500-$72,300 AUD (depending on experience)
About the School:
- Co-educational school catering to ages 11-18
- “Good” rating by Ofsted in most recent inspection, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- The school is set within extensive, historic and beautiful grounds
- The Learning Area is well established and performs as a strong and supportive team
- Forward thinking team of practitioners, who are keen to try new ideas
In order to be considered for this role, the Maths Teacher / Mathematics Phase Leader Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum, or equivalent
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- Located in this historic Huntingdonshire district, East-Central England
- A non-metropolitan district of Cambridgeshire
- A small market town within reach of Cambridge and London full of heritage and historical buildings
- Surrounded by open countryside
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a Peterborough-based team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Teaching overseas is a fantastic way to develop both personally and professionally while also being a great addition to your CV.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXBKYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.