Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Maths Teacher to work in a secondary school near Woking, Surrey and welcomes Australian and New Zealand teachers to apply. The school is situated in a leafy, residential area, which has great transport links from London. This full-time role is required to start January 2020 on a permanent contract. The successful Mathematics Teacher will teach Years 7-11 in a school that is part of a multi-academy trust.
About the Role
- Maths Teacher
- Teaching Maths to Years 7-11
- Permanent contract to start in January 2020
- Salary starting from $48, 300 AUD
About the School
- Rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED in 2013, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Larger than average secondary school
- Bright and visually appealing with inspirational quotes and students’ art and craft work displayed throughout
- Part of a multi-academy trust
- Friendly and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Great career progression opportunities
- High behaviour expectations
- Dedicated sixth form block
- Great transport links- on the same train line as Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon, and Earlsfield
- The largest local town is Woking
- Located a 15 minute walk from the local station
About the location:
- Located in the South East, Surrey is one of the Home Counties of England
- A blend of new and old, with a variety of Victorian and modern architecture
- Close to shops and major retailers
- Notably the most wooded location in England, hosting a number of natural beauty spots
- Frequent rail services into Central London and major airports such as Heathrow
In order to be considered for this role, the Class Cover Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD538129KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD538129KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.