O Castro British International School is a private international school offering a top-quality education from Early Years to Pre-university. The school’s curriculum has been fully approved by both the Galician Government and the British Council, and is considered to be, alongside its sister school in Coruña, one of the foremost British School in the Galicia region. It is the first and only Cambridge-approved school in Galicia.
True to our core principles, we educate our students to be independent, innovative thinkers and responsible human beings, fostering social and environmental awareness and exploring the increasing complexity of the globalised world in which we live. We believe that each child is unique and individual and we tailor each student’s educational journey to suit their particular needs, ensuring progress in all areas of the curriculum.
The school is part of the Globeducate group, one of the 5 most important educational groups in the world. Globeducate owns more than 50 schools worldwide, situated throughout Andorra, Spain, France, Great Britain, Italy, Andorra, India, Portugal, Canada and Qatar, and has more than 40 years’ experience in the education sector (www.globeducate.com).
O Castro British International School is seeking a Maths school specialist for the secondary stage. You will be expected to teach Maths up to and including A level.
The ideal candidate must be a mother tongue English speaker and enjoy working in an international environment.
If you meet these criteria, you are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we will welcome your application.
SUBJECT TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote effective learning for all students in your care through excellent teaching
• Assist in the planning, preparing and delivering departmental schemes of work in accordance with the students´ needs and interests
• Create an effective and stimulating learning environment
• Mark, test, assess and record in line with school and department policy
• Use progress data to inform subject planning
• Meet regularly with parents to discuss pupil progress
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
• Undertake all other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• A degree in a relevant subject
• Mother tongue level of English
• At least two years of teaching experience
• Good ICT skills
• A desire to ensure every student fulfils their potential.
• High expectations of achievement and behaviour.
• Creative and inspirational approaches to learning and the curriculum.
• Excellent questioning skills.
• A commitment to making a positive difference.
O Castro British International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will have undertaken an enhanced safeguarding and local police checks.
O Castro British School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years