Haberdashers Askes Hatcham College provides a safe, rigorous and challenging learning environment for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds. Our expectations are high in terms of pupil progress and achievement, and behaviour. In February 2014 we received our third consecutive Ofsted grade of ‘Outstanding’.
The core purpose of this post is to ensure the needs of the SEND students are met within the school and Inclusion is evident throughout our all through academy.
Interviews will take place on 2nd May 2018.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job:
- To be named SENCO and to lead and implement the SEND policy across the secondary phase
- Leading SEND support across the academy in line with the SEN Code of Practice
- Responsibility for monitoring, supporting and tracking progress of our students across Key Stages
- To lead and advise Curriculum leaders and their teams in developing of appropriate strategies, methods for teaching and intervention
- Support in the provision and provision mapping of the schools Inclusion department
- To track achievement of academic targets of SEND pupils across the faculty including each key stage.
- To ensure that provision for SEND pupils is mapped across faculties to accommodate individual student’s needs
- To keep parents fully informed of the progress of the students with SEND
- Line managing LSAs and SEND teachers
- Administration of the SEND list/sims
- Completion of department SEF
- Completing and chairing annual reviews
- To produce an annual SEND report for governors
- Implantation and evaluating interventions
- To produce department action plans
- To complete EHCP applications to a high standard