The Scandinavian school is a non-profit association dedicated to teaching each individual student through Swedish pedagogy. The school has offered Primary education in English since 2005. The Secondary school opened in 2013 and in June this year our first KS5 students will graduate after completing their A-Levels.
The school itself is small, friendly and dynamic and has undergone an extensive development programme in recent years. We follow the International Cambridge programme and offer a range of ICGSEs and A-Levels at KS4 and 5. We are authorised by regional authorities following inspection by NABSS and certification by the British Council. We also have accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
We seek to employ an outstanding Teacher of Physics to teach IGCSE and A-levels as well as General Science and possibly Mathematics in KS3, starting in late August 2021. This is a great opportunity for a colleague to join the school and help drive standards whilst developing the Science department in the Secondary department.
The ideal candidate should be:
- highly motivated and in possession of high emotional intelligence
- passionate about learning and working with children and young adults;
- enthusiastic, energetic and committed to supporting students of all abilities;
- able to work within a close-knit, supportive team;
- self motivated;
- in possession of good organisation and interpersonal skills;
All applicants must:
- have a teaching qualification;
- have at least three years' experience teaching Physics up to A level.
- have recent experience from a UK school or an overseas school following the International Cambridge Secondary programme or British National Curriculum;
- be eligible to live and work in Spain.
In return, the Scandinavian school of Madrid offers a welcoming and supportive working environment and the successful candidate will benefit from generous planning time, as well as the freedom to develop their own curriculum in line with the Cambridge syllabus.
If you welcome the opportunity of working with us, please send your CV, a cover letter plus two referees to the Head of School, Jenny Dettmann and Head of the Secondary Science section, Claire Beddoe through the TES portal.
For more information, please visit our school website: www.escandinavo.com.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 19 years