Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
● To create and maintain excellence in subject teaching in the school, both in determining content and assessment of the teaching Programs for each level, and in the delivery of those programs.
● To prepare students for their final years of senior schooling
● The right candidate will preferably have experience in IB Diploma Economics and experience in IGCSE/GCSE Business Studies and/or Economics will be an advantage.
● A minimum four year recognised teaching qualification including a Bachelor’s Degree and Post-Graduate Teaching Diploma / University Qualification or a Bachelor of Education
● A minimum of 3 years Full Time teaching experience in a recognised educational institution ideal, however graduates may be considered
● HSC experience preferred, but not essential
● Experience in an International School environment would be a distinct advantage
● Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking and time management
● Ability to work as a part of a team and an interest in participating in the wider school community
It is the job holder’s responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact with and compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding Child Protection Policy and Procedures should be adhered to at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head or indeed to the Cognita Regional Safeguarding Manager so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third party services.
AIS welcomes the right candidate to join our AIS team in the Secondary School.
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Friday 26 OCTOBER 2018, 23:59 (UK Time). Please provide the following supporting documentation as well as completing our application form:
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)