Teacher of English to A Level Mesaieed International School
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join our school in a key position.
Mesaieed International School is a vibrant community school educating over 1100 students from 3 to 18 years of age and representing over 30 different nationalities. We are looking for a versatile and dynamic teacher of English to support us in the next steps of our journey.
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that both challenges and supports our young people. We place high value on learning and the well-being of all our students. We also promote the professional development of our teachers, believing that a culture of life-long learning is the key to success. Most importantly, we are a happy school which places a strong emphasis on trust, collaboration and communication.
We are seeking an experienced, resilient teacher who can inspire both students and colleagues to build on the strong foundations of our school. The successful candidate will demonstrate a solid track record of teaching experience and a sound knowledge of the English National Curriculum and A level specifications. They will be committed to providing the best education and opportunities for our students through a solution focused approach. They will also demonstrate their ability to work independently whilst remaining a strong member of the team. This is an opportunity for a passionate teacher, who shares our vision and commitment to join an aspirational and hardworking team of teachers.
• Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and experience of teaching English through to A Level
• Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students
• Develop innovative pedagogical approaches within planning and teaching and learning
• Develop the language acquisition and proficiency of BML students
• Ensure students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
• Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement of all children
• Work with the community to develop good relationships and parent/school partnership.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Recent and up to date knowledge of UK National Curriculum and A level requirements
• At least three years’ experience as an outstanding school practitioner, preferably in a high performing UK or international school
• Experience of using formative assessment systems to evaluate the curriculum offer
• A team player, able to foster trust and offer challenge to colleagues
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to continued personal and professional development
• Experience of leading on a faculty wide or whole school initiative
• Experience of teaching English as a second language
Salary and benefit package
You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including a generous tax-free salary, free accommodation and utilities, interest-free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares and paid school holidays.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our students, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, detailing your experience with reference to the key responsibilities, a full CV and a recent photograph.
Disclaimer: Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.
Mesaieed International School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 3 - 17 years
About Mesaieed International School
We are a Qatar Petroleum owned international school that follows the British curriculum. The school currently has 1360 pupils from the ages of 3-18. We have a genuinely comprehensive intake, open to the Mesai...