Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to apply for a Science position in an over-subscribed popular Secondary School in Hackney, East London. The ‘Good’ rated school require a Science Teacher who will teach all disciplines across a whole secondary timetable along with a specialism of either Biology, Chemistry or Physics for Year 12 students. This full time, permanent Science Teacher position is due to start in September 2019. Newly graduates are encouraged to apply. Applications are welcomed from all science specialisms. The school is based close to local amenities with excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London.
About the Role
• Science Teacher / Newly Graduate Science Teacher
• Ability to teach Science to all year groups
• Physics, Chemistry or Biology to Year 12
• Full time permanent contract to commence September 2019
• $55,000AUD - $65,000AUD Annual Salary
About the School
• A strong collaborative community school
• Rich curriculum encourages pupils to become independent learners
• Join a team of highly motivated teachers
• Striving for academic excellence with a challenging and inspiring curriculum
• Easily accessible with great transport links in East London
About the location
• Hackney has recently been described as London’s most liveable borough
• Popular area full of markets, restaurants, cafes and independent shops
• Excellent transport links and cycle-friendly roads in and out of London
• Home to the London Olympics, with several of the sporting venues falling within its boundaries
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a Science Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent secondary teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR1308RXP
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR1308RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.