(Specialism in Chemistry preferred)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive and collaborative team of Science teachers at Garden International School. We are looking for a passionate and dynamic Science teacher with a growth mindset and high expectations. The successful candidate will be required to teach all three of the Sciences at KS3 and potentially all three to IGCSE level. Experience of teaching Chemistry as a specialism at KS4 and above is preferable.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Have experience of teaching general science to students at KS3.
- Have a passion for Science outside of the classroom
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth mindset, looking to continually improve
- Be willing to be an active contributor to the Science Faculty by sharing great practice and planning collaboratively
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Has the ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have student-centred approach to teaching and learning
- A working knowledge of Google Apps would be an advantage
- A willingness to support aspects of the school's busy co-curricular programme
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment with ongoing Professional Development and weekly Professional Learning and Wellbeing time
- A well-resourced and friendly campus
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd April 2020. Interviews will take place via Zoom.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2020-21’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (ICPC or equivalent).