Required for May 2022 or as soon as possible afterwards
We are looking for an adaptable, experienced and committed Secondary Science teacher who have high expectations of children's learning, and an enthusiasm and passion for working with students. The successful candidates need to be able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice, the ability to motivate students and a willingness to work in partnership with the staff team. The ability to teach iGCSE/A level Chemistry or Physics is essential.
School Vision: “Global Education; Local Tradition”
Amnuay Silpa is the leading (not-for-profit) bilingual school in Thailand. Dedicated to preserving the Thai Language and Culture in our students we have successfully implemented a unique Synchronised Dual Teaching Model, incorporating the UK and Thai Curriculum (taught by Thai teaching staff). Providing high quality education to just over 1000 pupils aged 3-18.
Amnuay Silpa is an exciting and dynamic place to teach with a very clear vision for the future. In 2013 ANS was accredited by Exeter University as the First Thinking School in Asia and in 2016 was awarded Advanced Thinking status. As the hub of excellence in the thinking approach, we are able to provide excellent professional development opportunities for those successfully appointed. Recognised as a UN Respecting Rights school, we empower our children and staff to be active community members of the school. In June 2017 we also became a CIS Member School and are now are a candidate for accreditation in November 2021.
The package on offer includes:-
- A two year contract (renewable)
- A competitive salary (paid in Thai Baht)
- Private medical insurance
- Flight into and out of the country at the commencement and completion of the contract
- End of service gratuity
- An inclusive and well-resourced school
- Small classes
- Being part of a dynamic team of supportive colleagues
- Professional Development opportunities
Candidates are expected to:
- Possess QTS or a Bachelor degree and a PGCE
- Be enthusiastic, adaptable and highly committed
- Have knowledge of the UK Curriculum
- Experience of teaching general science at KS3/4 leading to IGCSE
- Ability to teach Chemistry and/or Physics to AS and A-level
- Have a minimum of two years’ teaching experience (desirable) in a UK or British International School
For an application pack, please contact the School Principal, Mr. Joseph Pine at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are by the official application form only. Please do NOT apply directly via the TES quick apply or send CVs or covering letters with any emails. Further information can also be found on the school website www.amnuaysilpa.ac.th
The school is committed to Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding students and all candidates will be expected to provide an Enhanced Police Check and complete a self-disclosure form.
Interviews will be via Google Meet or face to face in London in early January 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to submit a short video of a demonstration lesson.
Closing date for applications to be submitted by noon (UK time) on 2nd January 2022 but please note:
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response, therefore early applications are encouraged.