The new SEN Teaching Assistant will work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils including those with special needs, to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of SEN Teaching Assistant:
● Assist teachers in ensuring all pupils’ continuing educational development through establishing constructive relationships and contributing to Pupil Learning Plans (PLPs)
● Assist teachers in fostering attractive learning environments to ensure that pupils spend their school life in stimulating surroundings.
● Prepare, maintain and use equipment/resources required to meet lesson plans/relevant learning activity and assist pupils in use.
● To ensure accurate records and observations are kept so that pupils receive the maximum benefit from their education.
● Promote positive pupil behaviour and support emotional regulation.
The school is an Ofsted Outstanding primary and Secondary special school that provides a specialist meaningful and functional learning environment for children with special educational needs. This includes language, communication and social pragmatic difficulties. The school have a specialism in autism spectrum challenges (ASC).
The school’s approach is warm, friendly and nurturing. They believe that all children have the potential to achieve, but that every child is individual and requires a tailored, child-centred approach to learning. Emotional health and resilience, developing children’s independence and learning, is at the core of the schools’ vision.
• Ideally have has SEN Teaching Assistant experience within a secondary setting
• Excellent financial package
• Free coffee, tea and healthy fruit baskets
• Free parking
• SEND library
• Staff socials; Boxing and Yoga ARE just some of the initiatives that form part of the culture and the school’s wellbeing policy
Vision For Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
How to Apply
If you would like more information about the role contact Nilo Noori and send your CV across to email@example.com, or call on 0207 065 7536
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
- Supply agency