The British School in Tokyo is a not-for-profit, non-selective independent 3-18 British international school founded in 1989. The school was judged ‘Excellent’ in all areas from Nursery to Sixth Form in our inspection (March 2015). The Independent Schools Inspectorate said that our teachers deliver stimulating and challenging lessons providing the very best in British Education in Japan.
We broadly follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and National Curriculum for England and prepare students for (I)GCSE and A-level examinations. We are an academically high-performing school whose students and teachers are committed to providing an innovative, broad-based and multi-faceted education. A rich variety of extra-curricular opportunities is a vital part of the BST experience and we expect all our teachers to play an active role in and out of the classroom.
BST is a dynamic, forward-thinking school: it is not enough to be standard – our teachers are outstanding practitioners delivering an exceptional provision in every area.
This is an exciting opportunity join a forward-thinking, dynamic school that provides high-quality learning and teaching to children of British and other international families in the heart of Tokyo.
The specific key roles for this post are included in the separate Job Description.
At BST we have teachers who demonstrate:
- Innovative and exciting lesson design and delivery
- Excellent organisation, commitment and work ethic
- High expectations and the ability to effectively differentiate to meet all needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Being team player that is able to adapt and work in an exceptionally busy and successful department
- Willingness and ability to take on an extensive extra-curricular role
- A passion for your subject and a genuine care for the wellbeing of young people
- Determination and ability to supply the best educational experience in the world
We can offer:
- Highly-motivated, engaged and very well-behaved students
- Maximum class size of 22
- Well-resourced classrooms with interactive whiteboards and laptops
- On-going INSET and CPD to support innovative practice
- An attractive salary and benefits package including relocation, accommodation and health insurance
The school has a central location in Tokyo with close proximity to parks, museums and activity centres.
Staff are provided with accommodation a short travelling distance from school.
Please submit a letter of application, application form, photograph & CV to James Thomas, Head of Secondary, The British School in Tokyo.
We have a dedicated online application system; all applications should be submitted here
Deadline for applications: Friday 26th April 2019.
Initial Skype interviews will take place soon after the closing date with school visits, lesson observations and interviews to be arranged in the week commencing 6th May.
For full details of these posts and more information on our school, please visit our website: www.bst.ac.jp
The British School in Tokyo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Shortlisted candidates will undergo regular screening, including following-up references with previous employers and Disclosure & Barring Service checks.