Location: NEWCASTLE WEST Catholic Schools Office
Vacancy Type: Casual
We have a vacancy for a casual teaching role in the Newcastle region. The Catholic Schools Office (CSO) is responsible for the leadership, operation and management of systemic schools which educate more than 19,000 students in 45 primary schools, 11 secondary schools and 1 Kindergarten to Year 12 school in the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. The CSO employ more than 1,200 teachers and around 550 support staff. Our main focus is to ensure each student receives a quality education and has the opportunity to grow academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally. Applicants do not need to be Catholic or obtain a Parish Priest Reference to apply for a casual position.
• qualifications in teaching secondary education;
• high-level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s;
• proven capacity to improve student learning;
• high-quality classroom-teaching skills which will enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice for the intellectual, physical and social development needs of students;
• the ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team; and
• a high level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers. Essential Criteria • NESA accreditation;
• current Working With Children Check number;
• appropriately qualified as a four-year trained secondary teacher; and
• evidence of being appropriately trained in Anaphylaxis which must be supplied via https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php
Commencement: Starts ASAP
Finishing Date: 10/08/19
Conditions of Employment: The salary is in accordance with New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement of 2017.
Applications Close: Saturday 10 August, 2019
Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Name : Rabecca DallAcqua
Telephone: 02 4979 1230 (Rabecca.DallAcqua@mn.catholic.org.au)
By email (preferred): Rabecca.DallAcqua@mn.catholic.org.au
Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle
PO Box 756
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info: The covering letter attached to your completed application and CV should address the essential criteria.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application is shortlisted, you will be provided with a registration pack.
For further information please contact Rabecca Dall’Acqua on 02 4979 1230 or Rabecca.DallAcqua@mn.catholic.org.au