CHISHOLM St Bede's Catholic College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Bede’s High School, Chisholm is seeking a part-time (0.2 FTE) temporary EALD Teacher commencing in 2020.
St Bede Catholic College nurtures a vibrant and welcoming community; seeking knowledge and realising gifts through persistence and collaboration. The vibrant College community fosters a sense of belonging among staff and students, encouraging collaborative teaching and learning in new contemporary learning environments.
The College community is committed to high standards for leaders, teachers, staff, and students, encouraging persistence and hard work, while practicing compassion and serving others.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Qualifications as a four-year trained teacher;
• A sound knowledge of the skills and processes needed to support the literacy needs of EAL/D students;
• Sound knowledge of the ESL Scales and the EAL/D Learning Progressions;
• Empathy with and understanding of the needs of students speaking English as an additional language or dialect;
• Demonstrated ability to assess language skills and plan for effective learning experiences;
• Experience working with students with developing English language skills;
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers;
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
• Post graduate qualifications in EAL/D;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a team to support the literacy and English language skills of EAL/D students;
• Share responsibilities in a team approach to supporting students with additional needs;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Wednesday 11 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Bede's Catholic College
24A Heritage Drive
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to the Principal, John Murphy. Please email this directly to the School Officer, Joanne West at email@example.com.
Applications close: 11th December, 2019 at 12.00PM