LOCHINVAR St Joseph's College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
St Joseph's College Lochinvar is seeking a full-time Temporary English Stage 4-6 Teacher for the 2020 school year.
St Joseph’s College, founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1883, is a co-educational secondary school providing a rich and diverse educational experience for 940 students from Years 7 to 12. The College aspires to be a place of learning where students, staff and families are valued and respected for their uniqueness. The community of St Joseph’s welcomes all who are ready to actively share the mission, vision, identity and life of the College.
Located in the stunning Hunter Valley, St Joseph’s has a blend of heritage and modern buildings which include a Chapel & Heritage Centre, new Administration and Resource Centre, a purpose-built hall and associated Café & Hospitality Centre, as well as recently refurbished Performance and Creative Arts spaces.
• Become part of a passionate staff committed to the well-being, academic and spiritual growth of all students.
• Take advantage of exciting initiatives and opportunities such as our Flexi-Learning initiative, extensive representative sport opportunities, gifted and accelerated learning programs, dynamic aboriginal education & cultural programs, Ministry & Service initiatives, overseas exchange program and much more.
• Engage in a supportive professional development program that is highly valued, fosters innovation and the promotion and maintenance of high expectations and standards.
• Make use of contemporary learning models to assist you in delivering quality teaching and learning where students are encouraged to reach their full potential.
• Understanding of and a clear commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Catholic education;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Accreditation Policy;
• Willingness to learn about and engage with the Josephite charism and integrate this charism into all aspects of professional practice;
• High-level knowledge of the Stages 4-6 English syllabuses and associated requirements;
• High-quality classroom teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve to their full potential;
• Thorough understanding of Standards-Based Assessment, assessment processes and the importance of productive feedback;
• Capacity to engage a diverse range of students in learning so that they become successful independent learners;
• Sound understanding of pedagogy and the changing nature of learners;
• Proven capacity to use technology as a tool to enhance learning;
• Ability to adopt a range of strategies in order to provide high quality ongoing pastoral care of students;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and a commitment to ongoing professional learning which reflects the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities;
• Capacity to work as a productive member of a team;
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills that are appropriate to engaging with students, parents and colleagues.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
• Experience teaching Stage 6 English Standard.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Thursday 16 January, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's College
New England Highway
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume including the after-hours contact details of at least two referees and an application addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Patricia Hales: email@example.com
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
Applications close: Thursday 16th January 2020, 3pm