|Location||LOCHINVAR St Joseph's College|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Description||St Joseph's College, Lochinvar is seeking a temporary full time English teacher to join the school community in 2022.
St Joseph’s College, founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1883 is a co-educational secondary school providing a rich and diverse educational experience for 940 students from Years 7 to 12. The College aspires to be a place of learning where students, staff and families are valued and respected for their uniqueness. The community of St Joseph’s welcomes all who are ready to actively share the mission, vision, identity and life of the College.
Located in the stunning Hunter Valley, St Joseph’s has a blend of heritage and modern buildings which include a Chapel & Heritage Centre, new Administration and Resource Centre, a purpose-built hall and associated Café & Hospitality Centre, well equipped, modern Technology/Trade Centre as well as refurbished Performance and Creative Arts spaces.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Codes of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to support the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• Demonstrated capacity to know students and how they learn
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential
• Thorough understanding of relevant syllabus documents and related content knowledge and requirements
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
• Capacity to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice.
• Commitment to an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Evidence of well-developed interpersonal, organisational and communication skills that are appropriate to engaging with students, parents and colleagues
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Proof of Covid vaccination status.
• Capacity / Experience teaching Stage 6 English
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Tuesday 14 December, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Patricia Hales (Trish.email@example.com)||4930 7291|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide an application (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria, and your resume (in a separate document) and submit by email directly to the Principal – Mrs. Patricia Hales: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees, (including an out of hours contact number) one of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted.
• Applications close: Tuesday 14 December 2021 at 3.30pm.
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- NewcastleLochinvar
Learn moreabout this school
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastlehttp://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/+61 2 4979 1200
PO Box 714NewcastleNew South Wales2300AustraliaView in Google Maps