Reference No : 11211 External Position Closing Date: Friday 13 August, 2021
Location: CHISHOLM St Bede's Catholic College
Vacancy Type: Temporary Full Time
St Bede’s High School, Chisholm is seeking a temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) HSIE Teacher to join the school community for Term 4, 2021 for the remainder of the year.
St Bede’s Catholic College, in the recently established suburb of Chisholm, is a new co-educational Catholic secondary school that is part of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. The College opened in 2018 and will eventually cater for 1,100 students in Years 7 to 12. The College has approximately 540 Year 7-10 students, with the first Year 12 cohort to graduate in 2023.
The key components that drive the development of the school are Courage, Knowledge, Community and Faith. These components align to the four domains of the College’s Strategic Plan – Catholic Formation and Mission, Learning and Teaching, Leadership, Wellbeing and Partnerships.
Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• Ability to plan for and implement effective teaching and learning which meet the diverse needs of all student
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four-year trained teacher
• Current NESA Accreditation
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
Finishing Date: 17/12/21
Conditions of Employment: Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.
Applications Close: Friday 13 August, 2021
Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred)
St Bede's Catholic College
24A Heritage Drive
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to the Principal, John Murphy, via an email to Joanne West at firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees. If you are currently employed in a school, please list your current Principal as one of these referees. If you are not currently working in a school but were employed in a school, please list your previous Supervisor/Principal as one of the referees. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted. Applications close: 18 August 2021, 3:00pm
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastle