GATESHEAD St Mary's Catholic College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Mary’s Catholic College is seeking part time (0.4) HSIE/Religion Teacher to join the team for the 2020 school year!
This position is temporary in nature due to the permanent incumbent accessing flexible working arrangements.
• Appreciate new modern interactive teaching spaces, with both newly built and revitalised facilities in an established school community;
• Join highly professional and caring staff committed to growing and evolving as a cohort with regular opportunities for personal and professional development;
• Contribute to a creative and socially conscious community dedicated to raising environmental awareness, practicing spiritual framework, participating in the arts, sporting events and the National Science & Engineering Challenge.
St Mary's Catholic College, Gateshead is a comprehensive secondary 7 to 12 school recognised and acclaimed as a safe, disciplined, caring community. Committed to a holistic form of education, the staff, students and parents of St Marys recognise the importance of building and nurturing quality relationships, setting and maintaining high standards and catering to the diversity of each students' gifts and abilities. The school cohort maintain the belief that the essence of any community lies in the quality of its people, and their commitment to become more than they currently are. This principle realises the potential of its staff, encouraging a space of communal growth in teaching and learning where skill and talent is respected and highly appreciated.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category D – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Sunday 17 November, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Mary's Catholic College
PO Box 4021
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Larry Keating: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Sunday 17th November 11.59pm
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*