Renaissance College Website: https://www.rchk.edu.hk
Renaissance College requires a Secondary Teacher Librarian (LIRC Coordinator with TLR3) to work as both an educator and an information manager with an understanding and vision for how learning may be supported from both of these areas. To promote school-wide information literacy across the school and areas of the curriculum. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2021, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
To undertake the duties of a teacher and those of a librarian, specific accountabilities including:
• Engage and challenge learners within a supportive, information-rich learning environment
• Evaluate student learning to provide evidence of progress in information literacy and reading
• Provide exemplary library and information services
• Evaluate student learning and library programmes and services to inform professional practice
• Provide access to information resources through efficient, effective and professionally-managed systems
• Foster an environment where learners are encouraged and empowered to read, view, listen and respond for understanding and enjoyment
• Support learning and teaching by providing equitable access to professionally selected resources
• Assist individual learners to develop independence in their learning
• Appreciate and teach the appropriate and relevant use of Learning Technologies (LTs) and information resources
• Ensure that the library's policies and procedures implement the College’s mission
• Provide exemplary reference and information services to the College community
• Strategically plan and budget for improvement in library and information services and programmes
• Measure library resources, facilities, programs and services against current policies, standards documents and benchmarks
• Work closely with Library Manager, Library Assistants and other Teacher Librarian/s
• Supporting the collaborative planning process with staff
• Collaborate with teachers to develop literature-based reading programmes, which supports the programme of inquiry and incorporates transferable information literacy and literate outcomes
• Assist students to seek, critically evaluate, synthesize and present information.
• Organise efficient procedures and systems for delivery of services, including flexible timetabling for use of the library
• Help coordinate displays, special event and activities
• Demonstrate practices that reflect current educational directions particularly in the area of language
• Participate in the on-going development of the College’s Information and
• Communication Technology and work collaboratively with the Digital Literacies Coordinator
• Expose students to a range of genres in both print and digital formats
• Be well-informed about information literacy theory and practice
• Have a sound understanding of how children become independent readers
• Experience with collection analyses using an integrated library management system
• Comprehensively understand the role of Learning Technologies (LTs) in lifelong learning
• Have a detailed knowledge of current educational pedagogy
• Fully understand the need to cater for the social, cultural and developmental backgrounds of learners in program implementation and curriculum resourcing
• Have a comprehensive understanding of literacy, literature for children and young adults, curriculum and specific programs in schools
• Have a detailed knowledge of how to promote and foster reading
• Have a rich professional knowledge
• Sustain a high level of professional knowledge
• Knowledge of resource management, information services, personnel management and information access systems including information technology systems
• Know about learning and teaching across curriculum areas and developmental levels
Education: Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Closing Date: 17 Jan 2021
For enquiries, please contact Alice Har at +852 35563553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
About Us ( www.esf.edu.hk)
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds. There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong. ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team (https://www.rchk.edu.hk)
ESF Renaissance College Hong Kong (RCHK) is a world-class coeducational independent school and an IB World School. It was the first school in Asia to offer all four of the IB programmes: PYP, MYP, DP and CP. Students are educated from Year 1 to Year 13 on one site, guided and encouraged by a team of experienced international educators. Our student body comprises 40 nationalities, with 20 languages represented. English is the medium of instruction, with Mandarin taught at every level. Technology is integrated college-wide throughout the curriculum. Creativity, activity, service (CAS) is integral to college life. Students participate in a myriad of artistic, musical, sporting and service activities conducted on-site and off-campus. Renaissance College encourages young people to be curious and caring global citizens. Our aim is to prepare well-educated young people to lead future generations, to seek and create an environment of intercultural understanding and respect for others.
Renaissance College - ESF
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years
Renaissance College (RCHK) is a student focused international teaching and learning institution.
Through a curriculum that is both rigorous and holistic, the College will develop Global Citizens that strive for academic excellence, appreciate the a...