Leipzig International School: Learning to be a citizen of the World
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 180 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 50 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a Secondary School Teacher to start 01 August 2017 ( part time 40%, initially time limited contract of employment for one year, extension possible) to join the Secondary School Social Studies department to teach BTEC Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the IBCP Grade 11, with potential to also deliver Global Perspectives in Grades 9–10. A form tutor position might be available for the right candidate. The BTEC (Business and Technology Education Council) is a vocational qualification for 16–19 year-old students, British-based, but used in many countries worldwide. We are an approved BTEC school, and wish to expand our range of level 3 BTEC courses as part of the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme (IBCP). The Social Studies department is a team of seven international teachers who deliver a general Grades 6–8 programme and teach their specialist subjects to our examination classes in Grades 9–12.
Your tasks and responsibilities are to:
- Collaboratively plan, deliver and assess work for your classes in collaboration with other department members and across departments
- Deliver relevant, current and challenging lessons that will allow students to see how the subject you are teaching them will help them become citizens of the world who can make a difference
- Provide fast, formative feedback through which your students can improve their understanding and develop their higher order thinking skills through the subject you are teaching them
- Contribute to the work of the Social Studies department and the Secondary School as a whole
- Engage in the life of this exciting city and its international school
- The opportunity exists for the right person to become a Form Tutor
You should be:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging BTEC programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- Able to differentiate for different language abilities in the same class
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A degree in Business or in a related field
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Experience of working in an internationally minded and diverse school community
- Experience of the BTEC Enterprise and Entrepreneurship would be a benefit
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A dynamic and challenging job in a caring work
- A modern workplace
- An interesting and important job in the beautiful city of Leipzig
Leipzig is an historic, green, vibrant university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe.
Please apply via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school. More information about our current vacancies and the required application documents is available under ‘About LIS’ - ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
Christiane Heinold +49 341 – 393 77 630
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes is available on our website www.lis.school.