King's College, The British School of Alicante, one of the most sought after British Schools in Spain, is seeking to appoint an inspiring, committed and passionate professional to teach Mathematics to at least GCSE level and to contribute to sustaining the “excellent in every category” outcome as assessed by BSO in our last inspection report. The position is advertised for a January 2020 start.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a significant redevelopment of the KS3 and KS4 Mathematics experience for our pupils. If you are passionate about creating mathematicians, teaching mastery Mathematics to mixed attainment groups and see no ceiling on each individual’s learning then we’d love to hear from you! As part of a wider STEM faculty, interest or experience working in a multi-disciplinary team is also an advantage.
Although not a prerequisite for this post, candidates wishing to develop or continue their A level teaching experience are encouraged to discuss this with the selection team.
The School in Brief
- 1126 pupils aged from 3-18
- Three/Four form entry throughout the Secondary School
- Modern, purpose-built premises just minutes by car from the centre of Alicante and only 10 minutes from the airport
- Newly refurbished and extended science laboratories with experienced lab technician
- Excellent (I)GCSE and A Level results, well above UK national averages and in the top 200 UK schools
- Member of AOBSO, COBIS , ISC and NABSS
- Achieved ´Excellent in Every Category´ rating from ISI (2015)
- Excellent CPD provision and potential for career development and advancement
- Part of the King's Group of Schools (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Elche, Frankfurt, Latvia, Panama and the UK
The successful candidate will:
- be an inspiring, creative and passionate teacher whose practice is rooted in Quality First Teaching and will share our belief in the importance of supporting and developing the whole child.
- have experience of successfully teaching Mathematics to IGCSE level and will be able to demonstrate the value they have added to the outcomes of pupils under their care.
- fully embrace the concept of mastery curriculum in mathematics and be excited about the opportunity to be involved in the development and enhancement of schemes of learning, aligned with White Rose Maths.
- be a firm believer in mixed attainment groupings in mathematics and the importance of stretch and challenge for all learners
- be excited by the prospect of working for a school judged under the BSO framework to be “outstanding in all areas” and explain what they can bring to that environment.
- be committed to working collaboratively with pupils, parents and peers to achieve the best pupil outcomes possible.
- be able to adapt teaching methods to support and drive the progress of pupils whose first language may not be English.
- be a dedicated team player, with a “can-do” attitude who contributes positively to the general working environment and possesses an eagerness to contribute to the wider life of the school.
- be a reflective practitioner with a keen interest in their own personal and professional development and an enthusiasm for participating in CPD and peer learning opportunities.
- be fluent in English and demonstrate highly articulate spoken, written & technical language.
- share our strong pastoral ethos and be able to demonstrate a commitment to pastoral care and the crucial role all staff play in developing the “whole” child.
- support the King’s Group Digital Learning programme by being a Google Certified Educator, or be willing to become one within the first twelve months of employment.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join the teaching team at a King's Group School in Spain, please complete and send the application pack, available to complete online at http://www.kingscollegeschools.org/vacancies/alicante
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st October 2019 at 9am (Spain time).
First-round telephone or Skype interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Skype or in Alicante in early November. Should an exceptional candidate be identified we reserve the right to appoint at any stage in the process.
To find out more about King’s Group, please visit http://kingsgroup.org/
As the first international school to be approved to support newly qualified colleagues almost a decade ago, we are delighted to consider applicants needing to complete their Induction period for some positions.
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake all appropriate checks to ensure the safeguarding of our pupils.
British School of Alicante S.L., is responsible for processing the personal data provided by you and informs you that these data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the Organic Law on the Protection of Personal Data.
The purpose of the processing of the data provided by you (CV, cover letter, etc.) is to participate in selection processes that we carry out at British School of Alicante S.L.
Once the process is finished, and in case you are not selected, we will keep your file for future selection processes.
You have the right to access, rectify and delete the data, as well as other rights over your data, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org