|Location||ABERDEEN St Joseph's High School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Description||St Joseph’s High School, Aberdeen is seeking a temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) PDHPE Teacher to join the school community commencing in Term 1, 2021.
St Joseph’s High School is a co-educational, year 7-12 school committed in partnership with the community to meeting the academic, social, physical and spiritual needs of its students. St Joseph’s promotes an authentic learning community with a rigorous and comprehensive academic curriculum encouraging high standards of education for every student.
Relocating to a new community to live and work is a leap of faith. It involves a shifting away from family, friends and familiar routines. However, it can also open up possibilities of opportunities for professional growth, unique experiences and new friendships.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and are consistent with relevant syllabi, curriculum policies, work programs and education trends or
• Knowledge of and the ability to implement effective and inclusive teaching and learning processes, including the use of learning technology and assessment, to establish a challenging learning environment in which students are encouraged to work towards attainment of their potential.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• An understanding of the need to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice.
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment or
• A demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; to exercise sound judgement; and to support the leadership team in leading the mission of the school.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Friday 15 January, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Robert Holstein (firstname.lastname@example.org)||6543 7444|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Principal – Robert Holstein: email@example.com Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current principal and previous supervisor. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted* Applications close: Friday 15th January 2021. 3:00pm|
St Joseph's High School