|Location||CHISHOLM St Bede's Catholic College|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||St Bede's Catholic College, Chisholm is seeking a temporary part time FTE: 0.6 PDHPE teacher to job share due to the permanent incumbent accessing flexible working arrangements.
St Bede’s Catholic College, in the recently established suburb of Chisholm, is a new co-educational Catholic secondary school that is part of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. The College opened in 2018 and will eventually cater for 1,100 students in Years 7 to 12. In 2022 the College will have approximately 700 Year 7-11 students, with the first Year 12 cohort to graduate in 2023.
The key components that drive the development of the school are Courage, Knowledge, Community and Faith. These components align to the four domains of the College’s Strategic Plan – Catholic Formation and Mission, Learning and Teaching, Leadership, Wellbeing and Partnerships.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
• a willingness to actively support the Catholic identity of the school
• an ability to apply appropriate knowledge to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching programs and assessments which meet the diverse needs of students
• an ability to use assessment and school data to differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
• a capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues in developing and implementing a contemporary and engaging pedagogy
• an ability to use technology to support innovative teaching
• an ability to use effective teaching strategies to support students’ literacy and numeracy achievement
• a commitment to on-going professional development linked to the College’s Strategic and School Improvement Plans
• willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B – Accreditation to Teach
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four-year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Wednesday 29 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|John Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org)||4088 8222|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please address your resume, a cover letter and a supporting document explicitly addressing the position requirements/essential criteria (no more than three pages) in the one PDF document to the Principal, John Murphy. Please email this to the School Officer, Joanne West, email@example.com
• Applicants should nominate at least three (3) referees two of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant. Selection procedure will involve an interview. Intending applicants should carefully consider the criteria and other information supplied before submitting their application.
• The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
• Applications closes on the 29/9/21 at 3.30pm.
• Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted “Preferred applicants will be asked to participate in orientation processes, including a formation conversation, following the interview, to introduce them to the local Parish context and the culture of the Catholic school.”
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastle