SINGLETON St Catherine's Catholic College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
St Catherine’s College Singleton is seeking a temporary full-time Science Teacher for the 2020 school year.
• Join an innovative and proactive team of educators striving for excellence in all aspects of schooling;
• Access to an Agricultural Farm for secondary students to utilise as part of their studies, with music and iSTEM spaces available for all students to use;
• St Catherine's Catholic College draws its students from the Singleton local Government Area with a small number of students coming from the Rutherford, Greta, Branxton and Belford areas. Singleton is approximately 73 kilometres from Newcastle.
St Catherine’s Catholic College is a co-educational school offering a comprehensive curriculum for students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Nestled in the beautiful Hunter Valley, St Catherine’s has a proud history of excellence and achievements in academic, sporting and cultural pursuits and offers a seamless transition for your all students in their educational journey.
St Catherine’s strives to deliver a holistic education that creates a dynamic balance of mind, body and spirit, accepting and encouraging the unique creativity of each person and provide an environment that develops a sense of belonging, cooperation and caring within our College community.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Thursday 16 January, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Catherine's Catholic College
30-40 Combo Lane
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Niamh Marzol: email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday 16th January 5pm
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*