Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Secondary Teacher / Travel Team Liaison Officer to lead a travel program to secondary aged students in South East London. Starting mid-January 2019, this is a fixed term contract until July. This is a great opportunity for a Secondary Teacher / Travel Team Liaison Officer looking to take a break from a classroom based teaching role and make a difference highlighting travel issues affecting school communities, e.g. road safety, traffic congestion, walking, public transport etc. The successful Secondary Teacher / Travel Team Liaison Officer will be issued with a weekly travel card, work mobile, and a work laptop.
About the Role
• Secondary Teacher / Travel Team Liaison Officer
• Coordinate and develop bespoke educational sessions across a number of secondary schools across London to encourage safe and sustainable travel
• Train and coach a team of student Travel Representatives, aged 11-16, to deliver campaigns to their peers
• Manage local and regional campaign events in collaboration with transport authorities and London Borough staff
• Liaise and collaborate with schools and other professional bodies, including transport operators and sustainable travel organisations
• Fixed term contract for 6 months starting January 2019
• Daily rate £126
• Benefits include a weekly travel card, work mobile, and a work laptop
About the Client
• Local government transport authorities
In order to be considered for this role, the Secondary Teacher / Travel Team Liaison Officer will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Experience in developing learning resources and of organising school and community events
• Practical use of Information technology
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMA24466.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.