Location: HAMILTON St Francis Xavier's College
Vacancy Type: Temporary Full Time
St Francis Xavier's College, Hamilton is seeking a temporary full time Industrial Technology (TAS) Teacher to join the school community for 2021.
St Francis Xavier's College, Hamilton, is a comprehensive, co-educational Senior College catering to vibrant young adults across Years 11 and 12. Committed to creating a contemporary space that caters to the diversity of its students, teachers are focused on offering a holistic approach to education acknowledging the mind, body and spirit of students and the importance of each in their development of personal and social responsibility.
The teaching community at St Francis Xavier’s College upholds the responsibility of shaping and encouraging young minds through a shared vision of high quality education, hands-on experiences and fruitful learning for all students. Each member of the teaching staff brings with them skills and expertise in their delivery of the Stage 6 curriculum and the requirements of the Higher School Certificate, while also modelling faith in action by nurturing positive relationships between one another. Position Requirements Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attaintment of their potential
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice.
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
• Experience teaching Stage 6 Industrial Technology – Timber
• Capacity to teach VET Construction
Commencement Starts: 27/01/2021 Finishing Date: 27/01/2022 Conditions of Employment: Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Applications Close: Friday 15 January, 2021 Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Francis Xavier's College
PO Box 300
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to the Principal – Greg Ptolemy: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current Principal and previous Supervisor. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous Supervisor/Principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applications close: Friday 15th January 2021. 3:00 pm
St Francis Xavier's College