|Location||TAREE St Clare's High School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Description||St Clare's High School, Taree is seeking a temporary full time TAS Teacher to join the school community for Term 1, 2021.
St Clare's was established in 1971 as a systemic, coeducational, regional high school catering for students from Taree, Forster/Tuncurry, Wingham, Bulahdelah, Krambach/Nabiac and Gloucester parishes. It continues a tradition of quality secondary education in the Manning/Great Lakes Region which commenced in 1926, at Taree, by the Sisters of St Joseph.
St Clare’s excellent standing in the local community and its consistently high academic results are directly attributable to the positive relationships staff form with students. Join an inclusive and well-rounded High School educating students in Manning Valley area.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Ability to plan for and implement effective teaching and learning which meet the diverse needs of all students;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice;
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment;
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills;
• Demonstrated ability to teach Senior Metal
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Desirable Criteria||• Demonstrated ability to teach Construction|
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Monday 18 January, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Peter Nicholls (firstname.lastname@example.org)||6552 3300|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Principal – Peter Nicholls: Peter.Nicholls@mn.catholic.edu.au Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant. *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted* Applications close: Monday 18th January 2021. 3.00pm|
St Clare's High School