Reference No : 10971
Closing Date: Monday 12 April, 2021
Location: SINGLETON St Catherine's Catholic College
Vacancy Type: Temporary Part Time
Hours/FTE: 0.6 FTE
St Catherine’s Catholic College, Singleton is seeking a Temporary part-time 0.6 FTE Secondary Teacher - Visual Arts to join the team.
St Catherine's Catholic College draws its students from the Singleton local Government Area. Singleton is approximately 73 kilometres from Newcastle, close to attractions such as historical villages of Morpeth and Wollombi and a 30minute drive from the beautiful vineyard area of the Hunter Valley. The College is a co-educational school offering a comprehensive curriculum for students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Nestled in the beautiful Hunter Valley, St Catherine’s has a proud history of excellence and achievements in academic, sporting and cultural pursuits and offers a seamless transition for your all students in their educational journey. St Catherine’s is a Visible Wellbeing School focused on high expectations for all students. We have a Gifted Education Program and provide differentiated curriculum for students with diverse learning needs, both intervention and extension.
Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
You acknowledge and agree to work within the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare high impact teaching strategies employed to cater for the needs of all learners and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice;
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment;
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills;
•Ability to teach Stage 4-6 with Stage 6 experience essential.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
Finishing Date: 23/09/2022
Conditions of Employment: Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.
Applications Close: Monday 12 April, 2021
Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Catherine's Catholic College
30-40 Combo Lane
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to email@example.com
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees one of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
• Applications Close: Monday 12th April at 11.59pm
St Catherine's Catholic College