- Job ref: 5778 & 8313
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £18,329 per annum
- Location: Wakefield and Castleford Campuses
We have a great opportunity for Security Officers to join our Estates department. The Security team works together to provide an essential front of house service. This involves the support in providing a safe, secure and welcoming environment for students, staff and visitors to the College.
The Security Officer role is varied and no two days are ever the same. As a Security Officer, you will undertake security duties to ensure that the relevant campus is opened and closed, secured and alarmed at agreed times and undertake regular patrols to monitor security and reporting any issues through the appropriate channels. You will also monitor student behaviour, intervening and managing behaviours when appropriate, promoting a positive College ethos at all times and reporting inappropriate behaviour to a duty manager.
We are looking for someone who can communicate at all levels and has the ability to remain calm and professional in a range of situations, quickly assessing and diffusing situations in line with College policies and values.
As a Security Officer, you should:
- Have previous experience of front line security
- Hold a SIA Licence
- Hold a Full Driving licence
- See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 17 September 2021
Interview date: Friday 01 October 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
Wakefield and Castleford Campuses
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training ...