Vision for Education in Manchester are currently recruiting for a Learning mentor with experience of working with pupils that have challenging behaviour in Bury. The provision is a pupil referral unit for KS1 and KS2 in Bury.
This role will require you to work on a flexible basis in Bury with pupils to build positive, professional relationships and help children overcome barriers to learning. Experience delivering core subjects such as English, Maths and Functional skills is required along with experience facilitating 1:1 or small nurture group interventions.
The right candidate will be personable and empathetic yet be able to motivate young people that have missed periods in their learning. It is paramount that candidates have an understanding of issues that can influence pupils within contemporary society.
Please see the following for a list of essential criteria, followed by desirable.
• Essential: Have at least one year’s experience working with young people and adults who have been attributed a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Condition
• Essential: Have had experience working with pupils who have barriers to learning such as; Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties and Moderate Learning Difficulties.
• Be personable and empathetic yet be able to motivate young people
• Understanding of issues that can influence pupils within contemporary society.
• Desirable: Experience of delivering sessions to develop the emotional literacy of children with SEMH and Behavioural Difficulties
• Desirable: Have experience of working within Special Schools in the Bury area, and have a positive reputation within the schools.