ABC Teachers are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant to work in a Special Educational Needs school located in the Shrewsbury area. The school caters for young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) as well as additional needs in many cases.
The ideal candidate will have the patience, empathy and caring nature to support young people that have a variety of mental health issues and Special Educational Needs. Any similar experience will be considered but a genuinely caring personality is paramount in this role in order to build a rapport and support the individuals in this school.
The ideal candidate –
• Level 3 TA qualification or vast experience within mental health
• Vast, referenceable experience within Mental health with Children under the age of 16
• Deliver quality assistance to teacher(s) and pupil(s)
• Build rapport with the children
• In date DBS & on the Update Service
• Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa is applicable)
• Have previous experience within an SEN setting
In reward for your hard work, ABC Teachers provide the following:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- ABC Teachers pay all employee NI contributions
- Access to a dedicated SEN consultant, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Candidates will be required to attend a face to face interview to register; we will need to gain two references either academic or professional and hold an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you).
If you register with ABC Teachers, we are so confident about getting you work; we will run you a brand new DBS disclosure and will FULLY REFUND YOU ONCE YOU WORK FOR ONE DAY THROUGH OURSELVES.
Interested in applying?
• Click to apply today! Or contact Richard Stonehouse by sending your CV to: email@example.com or call 01543 410500 to discuss registering with us further.
• To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child Workforce. You will need to pay for this upfront, but once you are fully registered, have uploaded this onto the Update Service and have worked 1 full day with us then we will reimburse you the cost. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and how we are going to work best for you.
• We will need to gain academic references to cover the last 12 months , one of which must be a school based reference, as well as your complete previous 2 years working history. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
• Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself.
• ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
• We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), you will also need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.