SEMH Teaching Assistant - Therapeutic Education Practitioner
An inspiring opportunity to take your career to the next level and help shape the lives of our most vulnerable young people.
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 per annum
Location: Nurture Learning, East London, IG11 8GD
Contract: Permanent, Term Time
The Complete Education Solution (TCES)
TCES is a group of Ofsted rated Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for each pupil and their family through access to excellent education and family support.
TCES Create Nurture Learning is our newest site in East London where education focuses on the developmental milestones and a holistic curriculum. We provide a happy, safe and secure learning environment where pupils grow in independence, form positive relationships and feel valued and respected. Through the nurture approach, pupils will improve their cognitive functioning and ability to learn through better emotional regulation.
The Role - SEMH Teaching Assistant - Therapeutic Education Practitioner
We are seeking Therapeutic Education Practitioners to mentor and support young people in our new Nurture provision. You will help deliver our TCES five-part curriculum to a high quality, according to the Principles of Nurture and the TCES Principles of Therapeutic Education, with a strong focus on concrete, creative and playful teaching methods. The provision will cater for Key Stage 2 pupils with very complex needs who require an intensive nurturing and therapeutic approach to enable them to access the curriculum.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
- Hold Literacy and Numeracy qualifications at level two or above (or equivalent qualifications).
- Minimum of one year's experience working directly with high risk and complex pupils in a recognised social work, youth work or education setting.
- Substantial experience of working with young people with SEMH.
- Be a positive role model.
- A flexible, ‘can do’ attitude.
In return we offer
- Competitive salary and terms and conditions.
- An opportunity to join a leading provider of specialist education in one of the most rewarding sectors whilst directly contributing to the positive outcomes for pupils with SEMH and ASC.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to develop your career.
- A range of employee support and wellbeing benefits including the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), counselling and contributions towards medical costs and the exclusive rewards platform.
Closing date Sunday 7th March
Interviews Tuesday 16th March
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCES is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to all relevant checks such as references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
TCES Create Learning Primary
- Alternative provision with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years