SEN 1:1 Midday Assistant
Starting Date: ASAP
Hours: 5 hours per week - 38 weeks per year
Pay Scale: Grade 2, point 11-15
Salary: £18,357 - £18,936 pro rata (£2,107 - £2,174 per annum. actual salary)
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 17th January 2018
Scotts Primary is a friendly and successful school in need of a caring and committed SEN Midday Assistant to work with a Year 1 pupil during the lunchtime break on a 1:1 basis.
The post holder should have experience and expertise in working with children with complex communication difficulties and ideally be trained in positive handling, although training can be provided for this.
The post holder will be required to:
- Use strategies to encourage and support the pupil's independence
- Support the pupil in developing social awareness and forming friendships
- Be positive in outlook and flexible and adaptable to the needs of the child
- Undertake training as necessary
- Be willing to work as part of a team
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
For more details about our school please visit our website on: www.scotts.havering.sch.uk
Please apply online at www.haveringschools.jobs. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Havering Education HR on 01708 431636.