SEN - Class Teachers - Starting September 2018
Who are we?
Severndale Specialist Academy is a multi-site Academy catering for children with special educational needs in Shropshire. Our children and young people can access Severndale Specialist Academy from Reception through to Sixth Form and have a range of learning difficulties, physical and mobility difficulties and some pupils who require personal care. A number of our young people present behavioral difficulties arising from their condition; many have communication difficulties and use Makaton signing as their primary form of communication.
We require innovative, highly motivated and inspirational staff to join the Severndale Team. You will be joining an exceptional group of highly skilled Teachers, Teaching Assistants and support staff who work collaboratively to provide a highly personalised curriculum.
What is the purpose of the role:
We are looking for inspiring individuals to provide exciting and highly engaging quality teaching which delivers an appropriate curriculum that meets the needs of each pupil in accordance with the aims of the Academy. This will involve ongoing and close liaison with parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals and the management of a class team.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Newly Qualified Teachers welcome to apply
· Ability to build good relationships with children, teachers and parents
· Ability to cope with challenging behavior
· Encourage engagement and inclusion
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
· Outstanding Teacher / NQT
· Creative professional
· Enthusiasm to make a difference
· Can do attitude
· Flexible approach to working
· Working as part of a team
· Permanent post
· Salary Mainscale / Upper Pay Scale plus SEN 1 point (Teacher Mainscale)
· Full time from 1 September 2018
· Access to the School Advisory Service
· Bike to work scheme
· Continuing Professional Development
· Local Authority Pension Scheme
If you want to further your career in a fast paced envronment, then please complete the application form at www.Severndaleschool.org and forward your information to Nic Copeland (Human Resources)
email@example.com by 9am Thursday 19 July 2018.
Interviews taking place week commencing Monday 23 July 2018
Severndale Specialist Academy is committed to the safety and well-being of all pupils and staff. Posts are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures and safer recruiting process including pre-interview reference checks.