Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives
Judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ School in our 3rd year of operation, we set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever-changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers a fantastic range of pathways for students including the NCE, GCSE/IGCSE, ‘A’ Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career-Related Programmes.
Due to our continued growth, we seek to appoint a well-qualified and an outstanding SENCO to join our team in August 2020 to support us with the leadership of inclusion provision across the school. The core purpose of the role is to work with the Governors and Senior Leaders to determine the strategic development of the school's inclusion provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising achievement for groups of students (Students of Determination / Gifted & Talented / Emirati / English Language Learners and those with English as an Additional Language). You will be actively involved in the formation of policies and practices designed to raise attainment, together with effective monitoring of the impact of those. You will be enthusiastic about working within a school environment and supporting the needs of the School.
We are looking for certain qualities:
• Skilled in the best global educational practices
• Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed
• Able to teach through the “multiple intelligences”, to develop the whole child
• Tech-savvy, fluent in using APPs and technology, extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience
• Outstanding role models who embody our core values
• Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom.
• Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
• Able to make a significant contribution to our extra-curricular activities (ECA) programme and to wider campus life
• Strong academic background, work-ethic, well-organised having excellent interpersonal skills
• Dynamic, enthusiastic & well-qualified, holding at a minimum, a degree in a relevant subject, QTS and further post-graduate study in SEND and Inclusion (i.e. Masters or NASENCo)
• At least 3 years of experience as a SENCO. Experience with exam access arrangements is desirable.
• The successful candidate will be someone with strong leadership and good organisational skills and who can take responsibility for Inclusion Support Teachers and designated Learning Support Assistants, and who can effectively liaise with relevant staff, external agencies and parents.
• Excellent tax-free salary
• Furnished Accommodation
• Baggage Allowance
• Medical Insurance for self
• Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
• State-of-the-art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
• An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who are dedicated to maximising student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
• Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development
• Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we would welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Application Closing Date: 20th November 2019
Appointment Start Date: Mid-Aug 2020
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.