Contract Term: 2 Years
Anfield is an independent Catholic, International School, comprising of a Primary School and 2 large Kindergartens, whose curriculum is underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage, followed by the English National Curriculum. Students aged from 2 to 11 years are provided with a high quality and globally-minded education. Anfield enjoys an enviable reputation as a thriving, dynamic, happy, caring and supportive environment with a strong family atmosphere.
Opportunity (August 2021)
We are seeking to appoint a SEN Coordinator to work at the Primary section of Anfield:
- SENCo (Primary)
An outstanding SENCo, preferably with the National SENCO Award, who can lead and manage the school's provision for pupils with learning difficulties and make a wider contribution to whole-school inclusion. An experienced and dynamic professional, you will have a proven background in improving outcomes for children with special or additional needs. As an experienced primary phase teacher, with extensive National Curriculum knowledge, you will be able to develop and implement appropriate pedagogical methodologies and resources to ensure that SEN students are able to maximise their learning at Anfield.
Can you demonstrate leadership in which you inspire, motivate, and innovate?
Can you help to shape the continued development of SEN provision at Anfield?
You will support our whole-school ethos in which the raising of pupils' aspirations and attainment is central to your work on a day-to-day basis. The whole community will need to see you as a highly effective leader who is able to lead by example through being an excellent practitioner.
You will set the highest expectations for yourself and for others. You must be committed to ensuring that all pupils receive an outstanding educational experience in schools that are focused on raising performance at every level.
Interested applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- A passion and vision for raising outcomes for vulnerable children and young people
- A commitment to delivering high quality support
- An ability to work in close partnership with colleagues with a focus on raising attainment and 'closing the gap'
- An ability to share a forward thinking strategy for high quality provision
- A willingness to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the School
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- B.Ed (Hons) or PGCE with QTS
- a minimum of 4 years SEN teaching experience
- a detailed knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice 2014 and proficiency in delivering a range of programmes and interventions
- leadership and management experience in SEN
- exceptional communication skills/English language skills
- high levels of ICT capability
Prospective candidates are invited to view our website at www.anfield.edu.hk where further details and our official application form should be completed and submitted together with an accompanying letter to: email@example.com . Only official Anfield application forms will be considered.
(Please state the position for which you are applying in the email subject box)
Closing Date: 11th March 2021
Interviews in Hong Kong and/or by video conference during March and April 2021
Anfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced CRB check in UK or the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong.
Anfield School (Primary Section)
No. 1 Lung Pak Street, Tai Wai, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
Anfield International Kindergarten (Early Years Section)
- 5 Cumberland Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Laguna Verde, 8 Laguna Verde Avenue, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 11 years
Our vision is to ensure each child is given a solid foundation of learning, has a sense of self-confidence and self-belief, and is self-motivated, flexible and cooperative.
Anfield is a Catholic school, in an internati...