An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby International School, Setia Eco Gardens is situated within the Iskandar Development Zone in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, and provides an international curriculum for both expatriate and Malaysian students. We are operating two streams on the same site; one international (IPC, National Curriculum for England, IGCSE) and one following the Malaysian curriculum. The School provides opportunities for students to join either Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary and Secondary School or Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum).
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. The school caters for the children of expatriates working and living in Malaysia and for Malaysian families. The student population comprising 24 different nationalities. Our teaching staff are both expatriate and Malaysian.
Our approach is individual and in doing so we reflect our vision of “A united world at peace – through education’.
If you are committed to child-centred education, with a deep rooted desire to help every child reach their potential and are interested in helping shape the future development of an international school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
The strategic development of the School's Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision, and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy, with the aim of meeting the needs of all students and helping to raise their attainment.
Key areas of responsibility and tasks:
- To help identify students in need of learning support and who may require a tailored educational plan
- To ensure that provision is in place to allow all students with additional learning needs or identified SEN to have the same access to the taught curriculum as their peers;
- To support and advise staff on general issues related to the needs of SEN pupils and how to tailor lessons to ensure engagement;
- To provide support and advice on more specific issues relating to an individual student’s SEN provision;
- To advise on and contribute to the professional development of staff, including whole school INSET provision;
- To write Individual Education Plans (IEP) in consultation with teachers;
- To co-ordinate Annual Reviews and regular reviews of IEPs;
- To maintain a register of students receiving support as a record of their targets and progress;
- To analyse and interpret relevant assessment data and advise teachers accordingly;
- To contribute to the monitoring of the quality of teaching and learning specific to SEN and additional needs provision;
- To advise and support on the transition of students between year groups and phases as appropriate;
- To liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that the School is providing maximum support for the students;
- To maintain and develop resources, co-ordinate their deployment and monitor their effectiveness in meeting the objectives of the SEN policy;
- To assist the SLT and Board in the strategic development of the SEN policy and provision;
- To be part of the wider Student Support Service that includes the Designated Safeguarding Officer, EAL teachers and school nurse.
- This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
How to Apply
The closing date is Monday, 26 February 2018 but interested teachers are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)