We are looking to recruit a dynamic, forward thinking and enthusiastic SEN Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
Looking to take your first steps in teaching? Join us as SEN HLTA, supporting class teachers in lesson, learning first hand. We are committed to shaping great teachers, class immersion is central to ensure your confidence in teaching. Benefit from on hand experience and support in a dedicated Academy environment. You will predominantly be working with groups of children under the direction of the class teacher, with occasional basic administrative tasks. Your role will also involve small group and individual support focused on raising attainment. As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a multitude of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader. Our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your goals. Your ambitions are ample to the growing success of our academies, maintaining this means putting your ambitions first with a strong career progressive culture. Join us in our mission in cultivating an exceptional learning environment for all our students.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will need:
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- A qualification of minimum NVQ level 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent, or equivalent experience working in a school.
- The ability to use your initiative.
- The ability to communicate effectively with children and parents and work as part of our dedicated and caring staff team.
- Experience of working with children for whom English is an additional language.
- Experience of delivering a structured phonics programme would be desirable.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. In 2017/18, we were the highest performing primary academy in the Harris Federation, and in the top 3% in the country for progress. Our Academy opened in September 2012; one of the 48 academies within the Harris Federation. All our staff aim to give every child an exceptional education providing support, care, enrichment and challenge as they come through our doors. We give them opportunities to enjoy their learning and prepare them for future academic success as well as happy lives. We have a unique creative curriculum, a clear vision, high expectations, strong moral values and a love of learning. Our academy is a multi-cultural, multi-faith family where children learn together.
'We believe that confidence, self esteem and strong moral values are the keys to successful futures; that all children can make a difference in the world they live. Therefore at HPACP we develop a ‘can-do’ attitude; empowering every member of the school family to embrace challenge, take risks and aspire to achieve… ‘exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can think or imagine.' - HPACP Mission Statement
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
Specialist teachers for Science, Music, PE, art, drama and steel pans, offering up to 5 hours a week for development and PPA time.
- Outstanding modelling for development with weekly lesson studies for all teachers
- Opportunities to work in subject teams, leading and developing others within and outside of the academy
- Outstanding ICT, with Teacher iPads, Apple TV and working towards being an Apple Distinguished School
- A fast-paced, creative curriculum, with a wealth of events and school trips to engage children in the richness of London’s cultural heritage.
- Opportunities for additional responsibility: over 50 clubs a week, boosters, holiday and Saturday schools
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park are strongly encouraged and very welcome.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.