SEN Learning Support Assistants x3
Salary Range: Scale 4 (Spine Points 8-11)
Actual Salary Range: £19,807 - £20,896 pro rata per annum
Working Pattern: 32.5 Hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent, Term Time Only
Required for September 2021 (or sooner for the right the candidate)
The headteacher, staff, pupils and governors at Ambler are seeking to appoint two SEN Learning Support Assistants with strong experience who have the passion and commitment to contribute to an enthusiastic and dynamic team, where the quality of teaching is excellent.
We are seeking three SEN Learning Support Assistants who can:
▪ Demonstrate successful experience in a primary SEN setting, especially regarding the successful management of behaviour within a class setting.
▪ Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the Inclusion Lead /Class Teachers to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
▪ Under the guidance of Inclusion Lead, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
▪ Organise classroom activities, prepare planned resources and implement strategies for Teaching and Learning at the direction of Class Teachers, outreach teams and Inclusion Lead
▪ Support and deliver the programmes for teaching literacy and numeracy and assist pupils to access the full curriculum. Be familiar with lesson plans, individual targets and learning objectives.
▪ Observe pupils' performance, and using the systems in place in the school/class provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress in relation to provision.
▪ Embrace change and innovation positively
▪ Work on own initiative as well as part of the team
▪ Drive the school ethos and are solution focused
We will offer you:
▪ Fantastic children who strive to achieve their best
▪ A supportive leadership team with good opportunities for CPD
▪ A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
▪ An enthusiastic dynamic and talented management and staff team
Deadline for applications: Midnight, Sunday 18th April 2021
Short-listing: Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews: Monday 26th April 2021
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk following the jobs link.
If you need any assistance, please email Islington Schools’ HR at email@example.com quoting reference number AMB/736.
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check will be required. Also, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to declare.
Ambler Primary School and Children's Centre
Ambler Primary and Childrens Centre, Blackstock Rd, Finsbury Park, London N4 2DR
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age Up to 11 years