30 hours per week, term time only (08:45am - 3:45pm with a one hour lunch)
Fixed term for one year
The Headteacher and Governors of St Luke & St Philip's CofE Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and popular school.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to model excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a good understanding of how children learn
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the children.
- Lead interventions for small groups of children in literacy and numeracy
- Support children with SEND
- Be committed to raising standards
- Be able to liaise closely with teachers, support staff, parents and the wider community
We can offer:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension Scheme
- Free access to employee assistance programme
- An inclusive and caring ethos
- Lots of exciting and creative learning opportunities
- Committed and dedicated staff
- Enthusiastic and friendly children and parents
The right candidate will have:
- The essential qualifications and experience as detailed in the person specification, including GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- SEN experience
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
The post is subject to satisfactory medical and DBS clearance and proof of legal working entitlement.
Closing date: Wednesday 29th September
Interview date: Monday 4th October for a task and Tuesday 5th October if successful at the task and invited back for interview
St Luke and St Philip’s Primary School
Blackburn with Darwen
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years