Smart Teachers is recruiting for SEN Learning Support Assistants to work on a one-year contract in a special school based in Lambeth, south-west London. The school can offer opportunities supporting students with a wide range of barriers to learning but all successful staff will be responsible for some elements of personal care. Previous experience of supporting learners with SEND is hugely preferential and the desire to help students socially, behaviourally and academically is a prerequisite. The school is specifically looking for LSAs with ASD, SLD and PMLD experience.
About the Role
· ASD / PMLD Learning Support Assistants required in Lambeth, South West London
· Working with a range of Special Education Needs, including ASD, SLD and PMLD
· Class support, 1:1 and small group roles available
· Small class sizes, with a maximum of ten learners per class
· Medication and personal care are often required so previous experience would be beneficial
· The school is modern, purpose built and offers a lovely learning and work environment
In order to be considered for this role, the ASD / PMLD Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum of 6 weeks is essential)
· Previous experience with SEN, ASD and PMLD
· Be comfortable with personal care such as feeding and changing
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference IXH17792
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.